Sunday, June 24, 2007

We All Have Doubts and Questions, Sometimes

I haven't had time to post the pics (or even take them for that matter-lol) I've had both of my grandchildren all weekend, so we've been busy, busy :0)
They're leaving early this AM for church, so hopefully I'll get new items added shortly to my etsy shop; which can always be found by clicking on the title to my blog entries!

I'm taking the time before the babies wake up to make an entry. They stayed up past midnight last night, because they took a late nap after the beach party. So, I thought I'd share a couple of poems I wrote a while back when I was going through a really hard and depressing period in my life. In desperation, I hollered out these two questions. The answers came so fast, I could hardly keep up. I hope you find as much comfort in these words as I do :)

God, what am I suppose to achieve in this lifetime?

I see pictures of myself and I realize it doesn't matter what uniform I have on, what I do, but how I do it -- how I 'do' life!

It is not richness, it is not glamour, it is simply just life -- being a humane being.

I am supposed to achieve:

Kindness to all who cross my path.

Love to all in existence.

Charity beyond recognition.

Hope for human kind and the universe.

Laughter to keep our spirit alive.

Generosity to keep in touch with grace.

Gracefulness to keep in touch with our 'I AM' presence.

Humbleness to remind us where we came from and who we really are.

Patience for my heart and soul, but more importantly for those around me.

Freedom to give all the above without grievance.

And a prayerful heart, soul, body and mind to remember that God can give me the strength to do all He desires for me to achieve in my life, just for the asking.

God, Who Are You?


God, Who Are You?

I am the light of all that is.

As the clouds part to Reveal the heavens,
I see a lighted globule-

A light much more brilliant than the sun,
With a glow that radiates warmth without burning,
Love without ending, Hope without failures,
Life never ending and Love without conditions.

Attached is a pair of wings;
Wings that show freedom without restrictions,
Beauty without scars, Gracefulness without falling.

And the words come into my heart. . .
"I am all that ever was,
Ever will be, and all that simply is.

I am the light within Each one of you,
We all connect, We are all simply one.

In the beginning was the word,
And the word is God,
An extension of every life force,
Everything in existence-

What was then, is now,
What will be, is now,
What you are, I am,
What I am, so are you-

There is not a single molecule
In the universe that is not connected.

From one source we came,
And to one source we shall return."

No comments: