Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Do You Sale On-Line?

The cards pictured throughout this blog entry are new cards I put in my shop yesterday :) You can always click on my titles to go to my store!
Do you own a store or auctions? If you do, I would like to hear from you!

I'm a newbie for selling on the web and I have heard June-August are the slowest months for selling. Has this been your experience?


I started selling about 2 months ago- at the very start it was slow. It took me about 3 weeks to start getting sales, then the second month (last month) was pretty steady. I'd go to the PO 3x a week and each time I'd have at least 3 packages to mail. Well lately, sales have been almost at a standstill. I've been reading a lot of comments from more seasoned sellers that these are the slowest months, so don't fret- just use this time to get up your inventory. So that's what I'm doing.
I have been selling locally for a little while (on and off) but am looking into that more seriously as well.
If you sale more than one type of item or medium, do you find that a variety brings in more customers?
I like to offer a variety in my store, because if someone is looking for a card- they may stumble onto my shop for a card and see a necklacet they just have to have! *smiles* I know when I buy something from someone's shop, I also check out what else they have to see if I want to combine S&H.


I'd like to hear from you- what has been your experience? Do you have any great tips that you would like to share with others?


What kind of items do you sale? And what kind of items have you found or noticed that sells the best throughout the whole year?


Is there any particular item you would like to see offered more often?


When you shop, what kind of items do you usually buy?


Thanks for stopping by! I'm looking forward to reading everyone's answers.


http://traceystreasures.etsy.com

20% off for all my blog readers! If you make an order, just contact me before you buy and say blogreader discount in the subject line- I'll send you a discounted invoice for 20% off your total order *before S&H*











1 comment:

FHC said...

I sold paintings on ebay for years. The best months are Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec/ and Jan, leading up to Christmas and when people are doing DIY and want pictures to match their colour schemes. The worst months are May/June/July/August when people only think about the garden and holidays.